The Great Alaska Book Fair
October 10, 10 am - 6 pm, Anchorage Sears Mall
Alaska Book Week is delighted to announce that Publication Consultants will be hosting this year’s Great Alaska Book Fair. If you are an Alaskan author and would like to sell your books and meet with fans and members of the community, we invite you to sign up! This year, the Great Alaska Book Fair will take place in the Anchorage Sears Mall and will coincide with their PFD Sidewalk Sale.
If you are interested in being a part of the Great Alaska Book Fair, please contact Mr. Evan Swenson at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. Alaska Book Week would like to express gratitude to Publication Consultants for coordinating this year’s Book Fair. We would also like to thank the Sears Mall for donating space for this event. Please check www.alaskabookweek.com for more updates regarding the Great Alaska Book Fair. Marketing materials will follow soon, so please check back.
Barnes and Noble
Barnes and Noble is pleased to announce its tentative schedule for author events during Alaska Book Week. Please check back here for more updates as we receive them.
- Sat 10/3, 1-4pm - Michael Rocereta, Letters From the Globemaster Families
- Sun 10/4, 1-4pm - Tricia Brown & Nancy Gates, Charlie and the Blanket Toss and Alaska's Homesteader's Handbook
- Mon 10/5, 6-8pm - David Kunkel, Locked Up Abroad
- Wed 10/7, 6-8pm - Chuck Sassara, Chuck Sassara's Alaska: Propellers, Politics and People
- Thurs 10/8, 6-8pm - Heather Lende, Find the Good
- Fri 10/9, 5-7pm - A is For Alaska, signed by Kids for Kids w/ The Boys & Girls Club
- Fri 10/9, TBD - Joe King, Great Alaska Animals Pizza Box Craft Book
- Sat 10/10, 12-1:30pm - Deb Vanasse, Cold Spell
During Alaska Book Week, the Friends of the Homer Public Library is excited to be hosting a reading celebrating Rosemary McGuire’s new book, The Creatures At the Absolute Bottom of the Sea. Rich Chiappone and Eva Saulitis will also be reading from their books. The event is October 8, at the Homer Public Library, 6 pm.
Other Author Events
Jen Funk Weber: "As a solo project, I will post a puzzle on October 3rd and ask that answers be sent via email. I'll post articles throughout the week on the benefits of puzzles and how they contribute to literacy. On October 10th I'll select and announce a winner of the puzzle contest." For more information, please visit jenfunkweber.com.
Owen Thomas and Archana Mishra: Artique Ltd. is located at 314 G St. The book signings by Owen Thomas ("The Lion Trees" and "Signs of Passing") and Archana Mishra ("The Fortunate Child") will be on First Friday (October 2), starting at 5:30. The book signing event will be in conjunction with an art exhibit featuring Rod Weagant and Susan Lindsey.
Tricia Brown: Author Tricia Brown will be at different events throughout the week. Please visit triciabrownbooks.com for more information.
- Sat., Oct. 3, 1:30 pm: Reading/presentation at Mountain View Library, 120 Bragaw. I'll be reading The Itchy Little Musk Oxand Charlie and the Blanket Toss. "Charlie" was recently selected for the Alaska 2nd-graders to read for the Alaska Battle of the Books.
- Sun., Oct. 4, 1-4 pm: Signing at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Midtown Anchorage
- Sat., Oct. 10, 10-1 pm and 2:30-6 pm: Book Fair at the Sears Mall; 1:30 pm: Storytime at Loussac Library
Please check back here over the next couple of weeks for updates and changes for Alaska Book Week events. We would also like to announce that we have bookmarks available for order. The coordinator and the Alaska Book Week committee will be delivering bookmarks in the Anchorage area; if you are outside of Anchorage and would like some bookmarks, please let the coordinator know so we can get the order filled and shipped. We apologize for the lateness this year and will endeavor to get as many bookmarks out as possible. Thank you for your support!